Most of you know that we have co-habitated for a few years now, so we don’t need a lot in the way of basic homewares for our wedding. If you’d like to give a gift, we will love it, but it is by no means required. We would like to upgrade/update some of what we have, so we’ve made a few wishlists on the usual registry sites, and have a list below of “We can never have too many _______” items, most of which are best found in second-hand stores or hardware stores or antique shops.
We are registered with the following stores and sites:
- Amazon (online only; for odds and ends, cookbooks, etc)
- Fishs Eddy (online only; this is where we’ve found our plates)
- Crate and Barrel (online/in-store; modern basics – a few things for the home)
- Williams-Sonoma (online/in-store; for kitchen gadgets, knives, etc.)
- Target (online/in-store; linens, towels, etc)
- MyRegistry.com [this is a cool site that allows us to register at any online store that doesn’t have a registry service, which for us includes IKEA, Anthropologie (bowls!), and Etsy! Since we don’t have a Macy’s registry, we are also using this for anything at Macy’s we like, such as cookware, which we actually need! We also found a flatware pattern we love, but it’s only available through a restaurant supply store, so it’s added here.]
We can never have too many:
- pieces of Graniteware or Enamel Ware (Ginger collects this stuff and LOVES it!)
- vintage tablecloths
- canning jars and lids
- old picture frames
- soy- or bees-wax candles (all sizes and colors)
- vintage hand-me-downs, like bar glass sets or a punchbowl (we love heirlooms!)
- more to come, as we think of them!
Thank you for helping us celebrate our marriage and create a home!