It’s been a while since I’ve last posted. That doesn’t mean we haven’t been working on anything – just that we’ve been too busy to do so!
Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- We finished making and sent our invitations! All 80 of them! We’ve gotten 16 responses back so far….a 20% return in a week is pretty good! Please send yours back as soon as you can, though – it will really help me figure out how many tables, place settings, favors, etc we will need to have!
- We picked out a suit (on super 70% off sale) for Matt! A dark navy striped seersucker from Jos A. Bank. He’ll also get a second suit, since their sale is so great, and we have two more weddings to attend within about 6 weeks of ours!
- We finalized our groomsmen’s attire! Post coming soon about that!
- My dress form finally arrived. It looks enormous, but it’s foam, not person, and although it’s hard to wrap my head around, there is a difference. Ingrid and I will have to perform major surgery on it, though – the breasts start a good 3 inches lower than mine!
- I bought another pair of shoes. I know, it’s a sickness. This time, I had bought a pair just for normal spring wear in navy, loved how they fit and felt, and ended up ordering them in a natural canvas/linen version for the wedding. I figured I would wear them for just the reception, but I may end up going with them all day! Maybe I’ll have my little slingbacks for the formal photos?
- I purchased a corsety boustier thing to wear under the dress – actually I bought two, to be sure on size. Shopping for that kind of stuff is daunting, so I am glad to have it done.
- Started brainstorming table layouts. We’ll be having long tables for the guests and round tables for the buffets!
- Started prepping the stems/stigmas/stamens for the fabric flowers. I did the math for them and figured out how many of each flower type each bouquet will have: 3 each of red poppies and creamy magnolias, and 5 each of black fiddleheads, blue morning glories, and yellow ranunculus, plus several shades of green leaves. My bouquet will be slightly larger than those of the bridesmaids.
- I also started making the “receptacle” parts for the flowers. They needed a little bit of something to help hold everything together on the wires, and I couldn’t find enough bead caps to work for about 140 flowers, so I whipped out my trusty Crayola Model Magic – in two shades of green, a couple of shades of brown, and white. The stuff is super easy to work with, dries overnight, and looks great!
- I have a long list of things to look for in NYC next week, so stay tuned for a shopping update!More to come as we get closer to the summer!